Dispatches from the O2 Deprived

random stories from my head

My Photo
Name:

Oxygen Deprived, Strange Bedridden Person with Nothing to do

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Once Children...


We just finished our annual Easter Egg Hunt. We "borrowed" our cousins' kids , as well as the sons of my mom's youngest brother. They're growing up fast. They're all much taller now than they were last year.

One in particular, my inaanak, saw me at the door and with a casual head bob, said " Hi." and walked past me...as if I was just one of his classmates.

Weird kid. ( Manang mana sa ninang?)

Growing up and no longer wanting to be babied. ( But not quite too old to play in the Easter egg hunt?)

Anyway, this reminds me of something I picked up a while back. It's a couple letters made by two kids who were writing to their father on one of his trips abroad.

...who probably hasn't hunted Easter eggs in a while.



Dear Papa,

We are now going to San Beda College
I'm trying to be bright in school, every night before
we go to sleep we pray for you, hope you're safe. Our
classes opened at June 10, 1948 & Nonoy is in Grade II now
Jr. got a camera for his birthday with one film. We took
pictures of Nini, Jr., Nonoy, Maria, Andrew, and me. But
we took good pictures during Jr's birthday. The films are not
yet developed, but when it is, we're going to send you copies.
This morning we went to the Capitol Theater with
Mario, Mama, Jr, Nonoy and me. We're at the afternoon
section. After classes we played baseball and skate. We are
safe & sound here & we take medicine every night

Your oldest son,
Baby






Dear Papa,
We are now studying in San beda I am grade IV-e
and today we went to the movie. My companion is Mario, Nonoy
ay and Mama. Both Nonoy and I have a Skates. I already know
How to play skating. I am in the afternoon sec our class begin
at one 'clock. Boy Alonso is a good reader than Nonoy
We are always praying every night
You're loving Son
Hermenegildo Reyes Jr.


Funny to think how they were also, once children.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Leslie.

Just dropped by to check out your journal.

Happy Easter!!

Tita Frieda

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Web Counters
Comcast Internet Access Service