Dispatches from the O2 Deprived

random stories from my head

My Photo
Name:

Oxygen Deprived, Strange Bedridden Person with Nothing to do

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Lost


I got lost in Bagiuo.

Once when I was very young, we were in Baguio with some relatives, and they brought us to Burnham Park.

I remember playing with Joann and another cousin, I think it was Henry, and they started to run. Whether they we were playing "tag" or racing I don't recall now. I only remember that we were in a grassy, area filled with trees and people.

I was younger than they were and they ran so fast that I started to lag behind. I ran too slow, and suddenly, I couldn't see them anymore. I looked around for a familiar face and found no one I knew.

There were a lot of people sitting on the grass and laughing and talking. Their voices started to get louder and more obnoxious and I felt like I was in a carnival funhouse with all the Clowns laughing. I was momentarily terrified.

I tried to calm myself down and tried to remember what I was supposed to do. I remember Sesame Street. "If you get lost, find a policeman..."

I started looking around and I suddenly caught sight of a police officer standing on the sidewalk of a street.

He was tall (for me anyway) and young. I tugged at his pants and when he looked down. I told him I was lost.

I guess he wanted to calm me down so he brought me to a canteen somewhere, sat me top of the counter and asked me if I wanted some ice-cream. I said I wanted a Popsicle. The girl behind me handed me one, pineapple flavored (which has been discontinued now) and then he asked me if I wanted some juice to drink. I nodded my head and he asked what kind and I said "pineapple."

When I finished, He lifted me up from the counter and said " let's go find your parents." He held my hand as we walked out of the canteen.

We went down the steps and crossed the street... then I spotted someone. Tita Rica I think. I started to run and she lifted me up asking. "What happened?"

I don't know what happened to the police guy. I left his side as I ran to the car. He made sure I was okay and then he left.

I wonder what ever happened to him?


Baguio Babies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Web Counters
Comcast Internet Access Service